www.flickr.com
cybele malinowski's photos More of cybele malinowski's photos

Friday, October 28, 2005

bernie. the rainman

as i drove through the relentless rain the other morning (thankyou justin for the new windscreen wipers!) a fluro orange apparition came into view. i drove past, the hint of a smile hid beneath his brilliant hue. and so, i raced to work, picked up my camera and umbrella and made my way back to this glowing man.

bernie II


bernie is his name. 26 years he has worked on the sydney roads. building them, uprooting them; the taste of bitumen running through his veins. he's been hit by a car 8 times. he's got lines that show it, eyes like you would't know it.

he offered me some witches hats, so i could park anywhere, anytime with RTA emergency immunity! being so caught up in the excitement of taking photos of this fluro man, i forgot to take them!

he came over to the studio today, to look at the photos. i gave him my card to email me for the. he doesnt have an email address. so humble. such a smile. the fluro man.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chai said...

Fantastic photo! I like.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Tuppence said...

I love this. Nice work, Cybele!

5:02 PM  
Blogger cybele malinowski said...

thankyou guys! it took me a while to put this one up, as i couldnt decide to blog the colour shot as well or not. (in the end, i felt the colour comes through the b&w?...)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Tuppence said...

I actually think the B&W would be better than the colour.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look at this one over and over. i had a few thoughts about this on my site.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Graham Duke said...

great pic.. i think if it was in colour it would distract from his facial expression..

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home